The err_name_not_resolved issue can show up when you attempt to access a certain website. Most of the time, this problem comes up within the Google Chrome web browser. Usually, this glitch occurs, if the DNS address has some kind of malfunction. The full message that gets displayed along with this problem is as follows – “This webpage is not available”.
There are a lot of reasons for the occurrence of this issue. But, in this article, some common causes have been discussed due to which you can face this problem. Even, if there is any corruption within the DNS cache, then also you can face this problem. Further, if the firewall blocks some website, then there are chances for you to meet this glitch. Moreover, when there is a problem with the network connection, then also sometimes this issue can crop up.
Easy Solutions to Fix the Err_Name_Not_Resolved Error:
In this section of the article, there are various points along with steps which will help you to remove the err_name_not_resolved problem efficiently and effectively.
Clean and Renew the DNS Cache
Sometimes, you can get this error if the content within the DNS cache has got corrupted somehow. Therefore, the correct way to resolve this err_name_not_resolved problem is to remove all the contents and renew it from the DNS cache. In order to do that, follow the lines that are present below.
- First, press the ‘Cortana’ logo on the left side of the taskbar beside the ‘Window’ logo. This will open a search area. Within that area, type the text “command prompt”.
- After that, from the search result, locate the ‘Command Prompt’ option and right-click on it. Then, from the popup menu that comes up, select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- At this moment, a new window with the background in black and white text will show up that has a name ‘Command Prompt’.
- Within this window, input the three commands that follow one after another- ‘ipconfig /flushdns’, ‘ipconfig /renew’, ‘ipconfig /registerdns’. Then, choose the ‘Enter’ key after each of the commands.
- Now, once the execution of all the above commands is over, then close the ‘Command Prompt’ window by pressing both the keys ‘Alt + F4’.
- Finally, reboot the computer and then inspect whether this error comes back or not.
Delete Cookies Present within the Chrome Browser
When the cookies inside the Chrome browser are corrupt, then you can face this err_name_not_resolved error. The best answer to this problem is to remove all the cookies that are present inside the browser. To do that easily, follow the steps beneath.
- First, open the Google Chrome browser, then go to the URL bar and type the following address “chrome://setings/clearBrowserData”. After that, press the ‘Enter’ key.
- This will open a new page. In it, there will be a popup menu with a heading “Clear browser data”.
- Here, put a checkmark on the ‘Cookies and other site and plugin data’ option and then choose the ‘the beginning of time’ option beside the label ‘Obliterate the following items from:’
- Now, at the bottom of this Menu, choose the ‘Clear browser data’ button.
- Finally, wait for a few minutes until all the cookies are cleared, then see if this error comes up or not.
Alter the DNS Address to a Google Public DNS
When there is some malfunctioning in the DNS address provided by the ISP, then you might face this glitch. The solution to rectify this problem is to change the DNS address to a Google public DNS server address. Here are the steps to do it.
- First, tap on the combination of both the keys ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously. This will open the new Run dialog box.
- Within this dialog box, input the text “control panel” on the blank space, just on the right side of the label ‘Open:’. Then, press the OK button.
- At this time, a new window will launch known as ‘Control Panel’. Inside this window, there will be all the settings of computer which you can adjust at your will.
- Now, among the Settings categories within that window, choose the “Networking and Sharing Center”. This will open a new page. On that page, go to the left panel and then choose the link ‘Change adapter settings’.
- Next, on another page that comes up, locate the currently connected network and then, right-click on it. After that, from the popup menu, choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- As soon as you tap that option on the previous line, then a ‘Properties’ window for the “Choose the network connection” will open up. In this window, select the ‘Networking’ tab, then from the list, choose the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4)’ option. Now, right-click on the option that you have chosen on the last line. Then, select the ‘Properties’ sub-options from the popup menu.
- When another window shows up, with a name ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) Properties’, then move to the bottom section. From there, choose the option ‘Use the following DNS server addresses:”
- Under that, section, beside the labels ‘Prefered DNS server:’ and ‘Alternate DNS server:’ provide the addresses ‘22.214.171.124’, ‘126.96.36.199’ respectively.
- At last, to confirm this alteration hit the ‘OK’ button at the bottom of that window.
Procedure to Disable the Firewall
Sometimes if the website that you want to visit is blocked by the firewall, then you might get the net::err_name_not_resolved issue. To resolve this solution, follow the sentences provided underneath.
- First, move to the bottom right side of the taskbar and then right-click on the ‘Network’ icon.
- After that, from the popup menu that shows up, choose the ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ option. This will launch a new window. So, go to the left panel and choose the link ‘Windows Firewall’ present at the bottom.
- When a new page within this window pops up, then move to the left panel and choose a link “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”.
- Then, on the next page under the ‘Private’ and ‘Public’ network, choose the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option respectively.
- Lastly, click on the ‘OK’ button and see whether this problem is still present or not.
Start the Router Once Again
When there is an issue with internet connectivity, then also you can encounter this err_name_not_resolved Chrome problem. The simple answer to solve this glitch is to restart the router. For that, follow these lines below.
- First, press the ‘Power’ button present at the rear of the router to shut the device down. Then, remove the power and all the other cables from the wall socket and the device respectively.
- After that, wait for five to ten minutes.
- Next, put the power cable back to the wall socket. Then place the ‘Ethernet’ wires correctly in the router device and switch it on.
- Finally, when the internet connection comes up, then attempt to check if this problem is there or not.
You can simply fix the issue err_name_not_resolved if you follow all the points present in the above section carefully. But, even after following every step on the previous section still, if you cannot able to resolve this glitch, then do not worry. Just provide the details about the query on the comment section present at the below section of this article.