Are you getting an error message saying “There was a problem communicating with Google Servers”? Do not worry about that. It is a commonly faced issue for users. This particular error basically happens when the users try to add their account to their phones. On that situation, they become unable to add their Google account to their device.
Here, in this write up, you will find the most effective methods by which you can resolve the issue on your own. But it is recommended to keep a backup of all the important documents before performing the fixes.
Reasons Responsible for “There was a Problem Communicating with Google Servers” Error Message
There are many reasons for what you might face this particular issue. Have a look at some of them.
- Two-step verification – This is a useful feature that helps you to block the other users from signing in to your AOL account. By any chance, if you have connection related issues, then you also might face the same message. On that occasion disabling this particular option can help you to fix the issue.
- Corrupted cache – Basically, every time you use an app, it stores some cache files on your system. But there are many ways by which these certain files get corrupted. As a result, you face the same issue. On that occasion, you have to remove those files to resolve the issue.
- Hosts files – Most of the cases, hosts files exist on your device that consists of some necessary cell phone configuration information. As well this might cause the issue as well. In such case changing the contents of the hosts file can fix the problem too.
What to do when There was a Problem Communicating with Google Servers?
Before going to the complicated methods, you have to try a basic solution. Sometimes, it can help you to resolve the issue from your device. You have to restart your device. Navigate to the left side of the screen and then tap on the Start icon. Now, choose Restart by clicking on it. Check if the glitch gets resolved or not.
Solution 1: Disable Two-step Authentication
This is the primary method to eliminate the glitch. But follow the method minutely and execute the steps exactly the same as stated here. The steps that are given below are applicable only for smartphones.
- First, launch a browser and navigate to the address bar.
- Now, you have to log in to your account and tap on the profile picture. You can find this option at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the Google account and then navigate to the Security option.
- You have to scroll down until you see the 2-step verification icon.
- Now, you have to remove the caches and cookies as well.
- Move to chose the Disable option and click on it.
- Keep waiting for a few seconds and then review if you are still getting the same error notification or not. If still the same issue arises on the screen, then move to the next step and get rid of it at the earliest possible.
Solution 2: Reinstall Google Play Services
If the first method is not applicable to you, then you can go through with this one.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to navigate to the Settings icon and launch this section.
- After that choose “Security” and click on it.
- Now, you have to toggle on all the Unknown Sources. By this process, you will now download applications from an unknown source.
- In case you have to install the .apk file.
- Then, toggle on “Unknown Sources” icon by tapping on it.
- Next, launch a web browser from your device and you have to type “apkmirror.com” in the address bar.
- Now, have a click on the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Search option and then type “Google Play services”.
- Now, from the list of results, you need to select the most recent one and click on it.
- After that, tap on the Download/Install option.
- Moreover, here, you can find a set of instruction showing on the screen. Read all of them and check if the latest version is compatible with your device or not.
- Do not shut down your device while the installing method is going on.
- At last, move to the Settings option and choose Accounts.
- Add your account and put the credentials too.
- Check whether you are still facing the same issue or not.
If you go through the methods minutely, we assure that you will definitely get rid of the error message of “couldn’t sign in there was a problem communicating with Google Servers”. But somehow if you find any sort of issues, then you can also share the complications with us. Further, if the guide is beneficial for you, then let us know your feedback.