Maybe you do not want to get a notification whenever your Facebook friends are updating their status or posting something. Moreover, you might have a Facebook group whose members always communicate among themselves. Even if you don’t participate in those conversations, you will get the notifications for other members. Thus, you might feel distracted when at work. Hence, you may want to turn off Facebook notifications Chrome.
Therefore, here we will discuss how to turn off Facebook notifications on Chrome. If you follow this article, then you can turn off your Facebook notifications without leaving a chatty group or muting a conversation.
Easy Ways to Turn off Facebook Notifications on Chrome
We have explained this process separately for desktop and mobile users. So, choose the one that suits your requirements and read them.
Turn off Facebook Notifications Chrome on Desktop
If you are working at home, then Facebook notifications enabled on your laptop or desktop can be disturbing for you. It can even affect the quality of your work. Hence, you can avoid this frustrating situation by turning off your Facebook notifications by the following steps:
- Launch the Facebook app and log into your account.
- Now, click on the downward arrow next to the ‘Menu’ bar and select ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Notifications’ in the sidebar of the Settings window.
- Now, choose the device for which you would like to turn off the notifications.
- Here, you will need to select ‘Desktop’ for turning off notifications.
- Click the ‘Turn Off’ button next to Chrome to disable all notifications on your desktop.
- If you want to turn off selected notifications, then you can do that as well.
- For instance, you can turn off individual Facebook notifications like changes to an event you joined, or comments on posts you are tagged in.
- Now, ensure that you have successfully turned off the Facebook notifications temporarily on your desktop. This method is temporary as you are free to turn back the notifications whenever you want.
Note: If you feel, then you can change your notification preferences in other categories on Facebook also.
Turn off Facebook Notifications on Mobile
If you are tired of your phone dinging frequently with Facebook notifications, then you are at the right place. You can easily prevent your phone from giving such unnecessary alerts. Only, you will need to have a look at the steps we have discussed below.
- Turn on your phone and open the Settings app.
- Now, click ‘Notification Settings’ and you will get a list of notification that you can edit.
- Then, drag the toggle next to the unwanted notifications in order to turn them off.
- To turn off all push notifications, go to ‘Mute Push Notifications’ option and drag the first toggle button.
- If you want to turn off notifications for some specific individuals, then navigate to that section.
- Now, select those specific people and switch the toggle to ‘Off.’
- Finally, ensure that you are no longer getting unnecessary Facebook notifications.
Now, you have complete control over your Facebook notifications and avoid silly distractions. Just check your Facebook account once in a while at your leisure so that you don’t miss out anything important. Don’t forget to share your experience by giving your feedback in the comment section below.